If you’ve discovered you’ve washed and dried your laundry with a crayon, here’s a simple, stress-free way to remove washed on, dried on crayon stains!
Imagine this: You’ve washed and dried a load of laundry. You open the dryer door to take everything out and … you see horrid red stains on everything.
Somehow, a red crayon was washed – and dried – with your load of laundry.
That’s a homemaker’s nightmare, right?
It happened to me just a couple weeks ago. I’ve dealt with crayon stains on walls before, but by some miracle, crayons never found their way into my laundry until my children were in elementary school.
I was ready to fold my dried load of lights when I saw the disaster. Red crayon had stained my entire load of clothing and my wool dryer balls.
After panicking, I took a deep breath and Googled a solution. After reading different options, I tried a solution – and I was amazed at how well it worked!
The simple 2-step solution
If you’ve discovered you’ve washed and dried your laundry with a crayon, here’s how to remove washed on, dried on crayon stains:
1. Put your entire load of laundry back into your washing machine. Wash with laundry detergent, white vinegar (I filled the softener slot in my washing machine with it), and HOT, HOT water. (The hotter, the better.)
2. After your washing machine has finished the entire cycle, check for stains. Notice any? Start the process again. Continue to wash your load of laundry with HOT water, laundry detergent and white vinegar until all of the stains are done. Then dry as usual.
Don’t forget to clean out your dryer, too. A Magic Eraser will do the trick.
That’s it! Easy peasy, huh? You don’t have to panic, after all!
How have you removed washed on, dried on crayon stains?
Disclosure: Purchasing items through links in this post will result in a commission for No Place Like Home. Thank you for supporting this website!
- Why Your Home Matters to God - January 21, 2021
- Why Kindness Is The Most Important Thing to Add to Your Home - January 14, 2021
- The Best Strategy for Decluttering Your Home - January 10, 2021